Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 3 of Short Bus Tour - Cincinnati and Marion

Cincinnati was named after a great Roman leader. I'm not sure of his name, but I believe it may have been Julius Caesar. It's long been a Republican stronghold in Ohio and it has a fine tradition of producing our country's greatest Presidents. Today, I saw the homes of both William Howard Taft and Warren Gamera Harding.

Taft was a giant above men who served his country admirably after his Presidential days as a Supreme Court Justice. I think it would be wonderful if the next President would appoint former President Bush to just such a post. The man has amazing judicial temperament and nothing seems to bother him.

The highlight of the trip for me was standing on Harding's front porch where he gave over 100 speeches in one of the most successful front porch campaigns in our country's history. He presided over a time of great prosperity thanks to his ability to shrink the government. Current leaders could learn a lot from this great man who was taken from us far too soon.

I will be participating in tomorrow's Iowa GOP debate via twitter. I was unwilling to cut my family vacation short for politics and I was unable to coordinate a live video feed, so twitter is the next best thing. While I would love to face my opponents, polls taken after the New Hampshire debate showed me winning the debate 71% to 20% for Ron Paul and 3% for Mitt Romney. You can follow me at @Repjackkimble on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment