Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jack Kimble Victory Speech Transcript

[Jack Kimble has been projected the winner of the 54th District Election with a 71% - 27% lead with 3% of the precincts reporting]

Thank you! We did it! [Applause]

Yes! Thank you! I will try and speak loudly. I'm happy that we have our results early enough for many of you to get home and in bed before 9PM. My first message is to my Democrat colleagues. [Boos]

No, please. Let me speak [Applause]

I came to Washington, and didn't know what to expect. I saw a lot of people hating me, and didn't no what to feel about that, so I guess I didn't like you none too much either. During this campaign I saw a lot of you changing, the way you felt about me, and the way I felt about you. This election there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than 20 million, so I guess what I’m trying to say is that if I can change, and you can change maybe we can both change. [Applause]

This night wouldn't have been possible without the love and support of my wife Kerry who is been my guiding light this past year. It's no secret that this hasn't been an easy year for us, but she stood with me. [Applause]

To the voters who came out and voted, I couldn't have done it without you. I will continue my fight in Washington and we will get that fluoride removed from the drinking water and we will remove all that cumbersome regulation that drives up the price of baby formula. We will balance the budget and we will due it while cutting taxes. The era of the free ride is over. Unemployment insurance was supposed to be a safety net for working Americans, not a free ride for the jobless. We will be ending this. [Applause]

For my father, who has always been my greatest financial supporter, I have nothing but immense gratitude for what you have given me. For Jin, Wu, and my new financial backers we welcome your support and look forward to closer ties between our two countries [Applause]

To Dan Fagen, you ran a great race. I admired your decision to donate a kidney a mere 3 hours before our second debate, but remember donating a kidney is elective surgery. I apologize for the audits that I called for on the battered women's shelter. [Applause]

Goodnight America!! Stay Free!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Congressman Kimble! Fight fight fight! This is a new favorite blog right up there with the now defunct Conservatives for American Values. Come to think of it, are you related to them? Because if Michael Gregory Steele and Herman B. Hayes had a child together, I think he would look very much like you.

    Also, I like you because you have the same first name, and the same initials, as the late great Jack Kemp. Are you named after him?

    ReplyDelete